About the Software:
Virtual.PYXIS is mostly used at the concept level of the development process to get the best design proposal for a component, reducing the design development time and overall costs, while improving the design performance. If you need a software for optimization, Virtual.PYXIS can be your solution!
What is topology optimization?
The topology optimization method (TOM) is a numerical procedure for creating the basic layout of a structure within a given design space, for a given set of loads and boundary conditions.
Using Virtual.PYXIS the user can run an ANSYS topology optimization procedure within Workbench. The Abaqus and Nastran topology optimization workflows are coming up!
Within Virtual.PYXIS topology optimization program, many different manufacturing conditions can be applied, depending on your manufacturing process being casting or injection molding. The evolution of additive manufacturing contributes to the topology optimization of Virtual.PYXIS because the 3D printing procedure gives much more flexibility and new possibilities to an optimized component.
- User-friendly and easy-to-use, excellent cost-benefit
- Solver independent
- Good geometry recovering
- Nonlinear optimization software
- Modal pre-stressed optimization
- Software for optimization of linear static, nonlinear static and frequency analysis
- Possibility to run design optimization in ANSYS workflow. Design optimization in Abaqus and Nastran will be available for the next release.
Using Virtual.PYXIS it is possible to run an ANSYS topology optimization procedure in Workbench. The following features are highlighted:
- Topology optimization software integrated to ANSYS Workbench using an ACT (ANSYS Customization Toolkit), you can create the optimization workflow within your ANSYS Workbench environment
- It uses ANSYS solver during optimization iterations, also running in distributed solution for speed up the overall solution time
- Visualize results and create STL files in the ANSYS postprocessor
- User-friendly and easy-to-use
Virtual.PYXIS is a nonlinear optimization software for the following nonlinear analysis:
- Pre-tensioned components
- Assemblies with frictional contact
- Nonlinear load step
Many different manufacturing conditions can be applied in the design optimization software depending on your manufacturing process being casting, injection molding, and others:
- Split, draw single
- Symmetry planes
- Minimum member size
The evolution of additive manufacturing contributes to the topology optimization methodology because the 3D printing procedure gives much more flexibility and new possibilities to an optimized component. Additive manufacturing does not restrict the design compared to standard processes like casting and injection molding.